Pages

For more about Allison and her books visit her website at http://www.allisonsimon.com/. For now, please relax and brace yourself for the occasionally coherent ramblings of Allison's mind.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Michael: Thoughts On Sweden

Let me start off by saying I’ve never been to Sweden and I mean absolutely no offense to any Swedish readers out there. Since this is Allison’s blog, I’m guessing none of her three readers are Swedish, so I’m not too concerned.

Anyway, now that that’s public, I have to say, I have a very favorable opinion of the country. I’m not sure if it was intentional or not, but they’ve done an excellent job marketing themselves.  I’ve probably watched a good half dozen or so Swedish films, all good. The language is fantastic. It’s like a happy German. They have this awesome band called Blindside. (Not to be confused with the similarly named movie that I still haven’t seen but inevitably spurs the comment, “Ooooooo! I love that movie!” whenever I mention Blindside – the Swedish band.)

The weather seems like there’s a little room for improvement, but I refuse to blame them for that. Besides, we have our own climate issues so that’s not a deal-breaker for me.

Ok, so that was my general shout-out to Sweden. Keep up the good work.

**EDITOR'S NOTE: We're certain Michael meant no disrespect to the country of Germany either which is Allison and her husband's direct heritage and a wonderful language and nation as well. The Simons are also avid fans of the German Bundesliga, particularly center forward Thomas Mueller and striker Lukas Podolski.

No comments:

Post a Comment